Florida Homeless Man’s Piano Skills Go Viral
After shocking the online viewers with his musical skill, a homeless man in Sarasota, Florida named Donald Gould, instantly rose to fame.
Aurore Henry, 34, took the video of the homeless man playing Styx’s “Come Sail Away” and uploaded it online. Little did she know that it was going to spread like wildfire in just a few days, which is currently at 4 million and counting.
Henry uploaded the video with a caption explaining that Sarasota displays donated pianos along the streets as part of the Sarasota Keys Piano Project. “This homeless man now has the opportunity to be something other than ‘just a nuisance’ to all the people downtown,” she said.
After the video went viral, Florida homeless man, Donald Gould was interviewed by ABC. He is 51 years old who happens to be skillful in many other instruments including the clarinet.
His dream of becoming a music teacher led him to study at Spring Arbor University in Michigan. After a series of downfall, running out of money to finish his education and losing his wife in the long run, he ended up under substance abuse. At that time, he had a 3-year-old son, which was then taken by Social Services.
He was able to transfer to Florida where he played instruments in the streets. It was only now that people have given much attention after seeing the viral video.
Learning from Donald’s story, people around the internet continue to wish him the best. It has attracted many other people including Steve Bishop, owner of Surf Shack, who invited Donald to audition for their piano bar.
Check the video below
- 1.5 Billion Dollar Powerball Winner! - January 14, 2016
- 10 Amazing Experiments You Can Do At Home - January 14, 2016
- Sticky Video Players to Boost Video Ad Viewability - December 17, 2015
- Geminid Meteor Shower to Streak Across the Night Sky This Week - December 12, 2015
- Best Ad Networks for Blogs - November 7, 2015
- AppNexus Cuts Fraudulent Supply by 65% - October 31, 2015
- Google Paying for Viewable Ads Only [Policy Update] - October 23, 2015
- How Envero Media is Making the Most of Non-Direct Sold Inventory - July 24, 2015
- Florida Homeless Man’s Piano Skills Go Viral - July 3, 2015
- Rare Sunset Partial Solar Eclipse Will Darken Skies Across Most Of The U.S. October 23 - October 22, 2014