Maroon 5’s Adam Levine Performs New Single ‘Sugar’ In Nissan Commercial
Maroon 5’s new album V hit stores earlier in September, and already it has yielded several hit songs albeit through controversial means. For their newest single, “Sugar,” Adam Levine and company once again went a more unconventional route to unveil it.
According to Empty Lighthouse, Adam Levine sang the new Maroon 5 single “Sugar” in the new Nissan GT-R Commercial as part of a special partnership Nissan announced earlier this month.
“The partnership marks an expansion of the automaker’s existing multi-season sponsorship of ‘The Voice.’ New program elements include a series of on-air vignettes featuring Adam Levine and several season seven contestants in video segments.”
This particular commercial is a rather comical vignette that first debuted during the November 18 episode of The Voice. The vignette gave viewers their first chance to hear a live rendition of “Sugar” from the new Maroon 5 album V, while Adam Levine was driven around in the Nissan 545-horsepower car also known as the GT-R.
Last month, Maroon 5 unleashed their second single “Animals,” and released a video that instantly became a lightning rod for controversy because of the nature of its content. “Animals” was blasted up by women’s groups up at how the video promotes stalking as a natural part of the courting process. Levine was featured creeping on his super model wife, Behati Prinsloo, in the video.
RAINN, the Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network, posted a statement on their web site immediately after the video was released, claiming “the trivialization of these serious crimes, like stalking, should have no place in the entertainment industry.”
But then the “Animals” controversy took an unexpected twist. As reported by Inquisitr, Maroon 5 received some unlikely support from the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) who championed the scene in which Adam Levine becomes blood-drenched inside a presumed slaughterhouse with Prinsloo.
According to MSN, PETA spokesman Ben Williamson thought “Adam does a very convincing job of making slaughterers look deranged.”
Through it all, “Animals” made its way into the top five of the charts according to Yahoo! Music. Maroon 5’s “Animals” jumped into the top five in its 10th week on the Hot 100 marking Adam Levine and company’s seventh top five hit, its first since “One More Night” two years ago. “Animals” also put an end to a remarkable seven-week streak in which only female artists appeared in the top five, when Meghan Trainor’s “All About That Bass” reigned at the top.
- We Need Better Sex Education, Author And Mother Argues. Here’s Why. - May 18, 2016
- A Book About Sex That Doesn’t Talk Down To You - May 18, 2016
- 9 Skills You Should Learn That Pay Dividends Forever - May 5, 2016
- Presented by Allstate 7 Myths About Motorcycle Safety That Need To Go Away - May 5, 2016
- 12 Great Poetry Collections To Read During Every Month Of The Year - May 4, 2016
- Woman Files $5 Million Lawsuit Against Starbucks For Putting Too Much Ice In Her Drinks - May 3, 2016
- A little higher! Watch this lemur demand a back scratch from 2 kids - April 26, 2016
- Watch Lope the dancing gorilla go ape in viral video - February 9, 2016
- Baskin Robbins ice cream pizzas are happening! - January 18, 2016
- 10 Amazing Science Tricks Using Liquid! - January 12, 2016