Maybe You Should Hold Off on Buying an Apple TV After All
Last week, I wrote a piece titled “Here’s Why You Should Consider Buying an Apple TV.”
As it turns out, my advice is already outdated.
At the time, it was a good piece of advice. Apple had just dropped the price of the Apple TV from $99 to $69 and announced an exclusive launch partnership with HBO and its new HBO Now subscription service. Last week, the Apple TV was looking like a smart purchase.
As of today, however, you might want to hold off on buying an Apple TV.
Apple is reportedly preparing to debut a new version of its Apple TV this June during its Worldwide Developers Conference. According to BuzzFeed News, the new Apple TV will get a much-needed processor upgrade, increased storage space, and support for Apple’s Siri voice assistant.
The news about a potential new Apple TV follows a Wall Street Journal report that said Apple will debut its long-rumored Web-based TV streaming service this fall. According to the Journal, the service will include about 25 channels, including broadcasters ABC, CBS, and Fox.
Apple’s service is expected to be available across the company’s line of iOS devices, such as the iPhone and iPad, and cost between $30 and $40 per month, according to the report.
There’s no word on how much the new Apple TV will cost, but if Apple sticks to its usual pricing model, it should be $99.
So if you were thinking about buying the $69 Apple TV, you’d be better served by holding off until we find out more about this new set-top box. If it’s significantly better than the current, soon-to-be-old Apple TV, you’ll be sorry you didn’t wait a couple months.
- We Need Better Sex Education, Author And Mother Argues. Here’s Why. - May 18, 2016
- A Book About Sex That Doesn’t Talk Down To You - May 18, 2016
- 9 Skills You Should Learn That Pay Dividends Forever - May 5, 2016
- Presented by Allstate 7 Myths About Motorcycle Safety That Need To Go Away - May 5, 2016
- 12 Great Poetry Collections To Read During Every Month Of The Year - May 4, 2016
- Woman Files $5 Million Lawsuit Against Starbucks For Putting Too Much Ice In Her Drinks - May 3, 2016
- A little higher! Watch this lemur demand a back scratch from 2 kids - April 26, 2016
- Watch Lope the dancing gorilla go ape in viral video - February 9, 2016
- Baskin Robbins ice cream pizzas are happening! - January 18, 2016
- 10 Amazing Science Tricks Using Liquid! - January 12, 2016